- This event has passed.
Remick Ramblers: Diggin’ for Decomposers at the Remick Museum
November 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
NOVEMBER 7 | Diggin’ for Decomposers
Come, join the Remick Ramblers on a quest for decomposers. Participants will:
- Learn about the importance that invertebrates, microorganisms, and fungi play in cycling nutrients in the ecosystem.
- Roll logs, move leaves, and dig in the dirt to observe decomposers in their natural habitat.
Educational walks in nature!
Remick Ramblers is a new, nature-based exploration group for children available during traditional school hours. These nature walks are created and led by Program Manager/Museum Educator Jim Cruickshank (read his bio) and designed to encourage experiential learning.
- Sessions are season-based and feature discovery through the senses and a variety of hands-on activities.
- Group interaction and discussion encourage a deeper understanding of each themed session (listed below).
- Sessions are offered October–June and are for students ages 6 and above.
- Pre-registration is required, call 603-323-7591 to register.
- Participants must sign up by the Monday prior to each scheduled class
- We are unable to accommodate walk-ins for Remick Rambler sessions
- Sessions take place rain/snow or shine; all participants should be prepared to spend the session time outdoors.
- This is not a drop-off program: parents and guardians should be prepared to be with the group and are encouraged to participate.
- Class size is limited and may be impacted by the scheduled class; early registration is encouraged.