- This event has passed.
Spring on the Farm – Remick Museum
June 8, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Get your fill of “warm and fuzzy” during our cutest event of the year!
Join us on the farm as we celebrate spring by showing off our baby animals and delight in the wonders of the season.
- Meet the stars of the day, our baby animals: kids (baby goats), lambs and chicks
- Interact with members of our Hillsdale 4-H Dairy Club as they introduce you to, and answer questions about, our farm animals
- Take part in fun-tastic Remick Farm Olympics — an all-ages race against yourself
- Get wooly at the fiber area — card wool fleece, weave a bookmark, and learn to needle felt
- Churn milk into butter at the Milk House — takes place at 12PM & 2PM
- Go on a scavenger hunt
- Stop by the Boo-boo Station to learn about and try herbal remedies
- Create a take-home farm animal craft
- Milk a “goat” — our wooden goat allows you to try your hand at milking
- Test your knowledge at interactive learning stations: “Where It’s At: All About Scat” and “Which Came First, The Chicken or the Egg?”
- Get colorful by having your face painted—choose from several designs
- Watch working steers in action—demonstrated by the Carroll County Clovers 4-H Club
- Walk the Binsack Trail and learn from the interpretive kiosks along the way (dependent upon ground conditions)
- Guess where the cow will “go” in Cow Patty Bingo — tickets available at the reception desk until 1:30PM
COST: $10; $5 for ages 5–10; FREE for ages 4 and under
Members receive $2 off admission