Special Events in Lakes Region
- Homestead Christmas in historic Tamworth Village. Dec 1st from 11am – 3pm. Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm Join us in celebrating the holidays and winter season as we share our rich history of homesteading. Special tours of our historic Remick family home, the Captain Enoch Remick House along with samples of fresh backed cookies baked in the kitchen’s woodstove. Seasone exhibits, familise can make a holiday craft. Foodways demonstrations will include 19th century open hearth cooking. $5 person/ children 4 and under free.
- Christmas Village in Sandwich – For over 40 years, the first full weekend of December in Sandwich has been a celebration of craftsmanship. This year is no exception. Artisans, farmers, bakers, craftspeople, individuals, businesses, and organizations are each doing something in the spirit of community and the holidays. The weekend will feature a tree-lighting, live entertainment, food, local hand-made gifts, fund-raisers for youth, live animals, and so much more. To find out more, please check out this blog post on the Discover Sandwich website.
- Holiday Open House – Meredith Sunday, December 2, from 12-4 pm. Stroll through the shops in our winter wonderland and our vibrant Main Street community. Enjoy refreshments, festive carolers, horse-drawn wagon rides through the village and a visit from Santa. Mill Falls Marketplace, Meredith Whole Living Center and more!
- Gift of Lights Presented by Eastern Propane & Oil at New Hamsphire Motor Speedway Two million twinkly lights, the 2.5-mile drive-thru light show will feature a s’mores pit, pictures with Santa Claus and you can even meet Milo. Gift of Lights will be open daily 4:30 – 9:00 p.m. from Friday, Nov. 23 – Monday, Dec. 31 EXCEPT on the following dates: 11/26-27, 12/3-4, 12/10-11, and 12/25.The Gift of Lights has become a family tradition during the holidays. Open from 4:30 – 9:00 p.m., .Admission is $20.00 per car Nov. 23 – Dec. 14 and $25.00 per car Dec. 15-31.
- Christmas at Canterbury Shaker Village opens December 6th with the family fun that will take place on Saturdays, Dec. 8 and 15, from 3 to 8 pm each day.The Saturday events on December 8 and 15 are designed for families, with a magic show, model trains, cookie decorating, holiday card-making, live music, and visiting with Father Christmas. Light refreshments will be available to purchase in the Creamery. Visit www.shakers.org to purchase tickets or for more information.
- On December 15th – 16th, Interlakes Theatre presents “HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS” at The Flying Monkey. This family-friendly holiday extravaganza, created and directed by Patrick Dorow, has been a tradition in New England for the past 7 years! For Tickets, Tickets cost $25-$35 and may be reserved in person at The Flying Monkey, 39 Main St, Plymouth, NH, by phone (603) 536-2551, or online at www.flyingmonkeynh.com
- The Little Mermaid- A Traditional English “Panto” at the Winnipesaukee Playhouse, Meredith A tidal wave of comedy! We’ll be making a splash this holiday season with the silliest musical under the sea! “Boo” the villain, “cheer” the hero and join us for an English tradition that has been a holiday staple since the nineteenth century! We’re proud to bring a little old England to New England! What’s a panto? A tradition dating back to the Victorian times, a panto is a musical featuring a mix of showtunes and pop music, great dancing, silly (sometimes saucy) humor, slapstick, etc. Great for little kids but teens and adults also enjoy the double entendres and “in” jokes. See web for dates/showtimes – 11am, 2pm & 7pm shows starting Dec 15th.
- Pontine Theatre Presents a Victorian Christmas on November 28th at Taylor Community in Laconia. This event is free and open to the public. The centerpiece of “A Victorian Christmas” is an original toy theatre adaptation of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.” The nostalgic charm of this traditional form is sure to put you in the holiday spirit!
Special Shopping Deals in Lakes Region
- Give the true taste of Mexico for this holiday season. Authentic and real Mexican food. Gift cards available in the Cielito Mexican Restaurant. http://www.cielitomexicanrestaurant.com/
- Shine bright this holiday season with a gift card to Ellacoya Barn and Grille. On Black Friday all gift cards are 20% off. December 1st – 15th receive 10% off all gift cards.
- Hart’s Turkey Farm Restaurant is offering a Gift Card special! 11/16 thru 12/9, Buy a $75 Gift card and get $15 gift certificate. 12/10 thru 12/23, Buy a $75 gift card and get a $10 gift certificate. www.hartsturkeyfarm.com
- Buy a gift card for Hobbs Tavern and Brewing Co. and receive a free gift card for yourself! Now through December 25th buy $50, get $10 or Buy $100, get $25. Purchase yours online at hobbstavern.com
- It’s time to give back and be thankful! Join The Innate In You as they help people that are in need by donating can goods. Donate 3 can goods and you’ll receive a free paraffin hand treatment. Donate 6 or more can goods you’ll receive a paraffin hand and foot treatment.
- Searching for the perfect holiday gift? Lakes Cosmetic Institute will be having their 12 days of Christmas sale. https://lakescosmetic.com/
- T-BONES and Cactus Jack’s Holiday Gift Card Deal is here! Buy $25, Get $5! For every $25 you buy in gift cards you’ll get $5 FREE. Offer valid now thru January 1st. PLUS an Early Bird Bonus – In store ONLY! Receive 1 Payback$ point for every $1 in gift cards you purchase. This offer is valid now thru December 2nd. T-BONES.com
- Now through December 4th, take advantage of the Story Land Black Friday Sale! Their biggest sale of the year! Season Passes over 40% off, Day Tickets only $22.99 – Save $16 and so much more! Endless summer memories for the lowest prices of the year! https://www.storylandnh.com/
- Surroundings Annual “Oldies but Goodies” sale is happening now through December 2nd. Get 25% off of paintings that are a little older than their most recent additions but still of the same high quality. They are just trying to find the right home. You can see them in person at 12 Main Street, Center Sandwich, NH or on their website at http://surroundingsart.com/html/oldies.html
- Purchase a gift card for the Wolfe’s Tavern for the holiday and receive a complimentary gift card! Purchase a $100 gift card get a $20 gift card. Purchase a $50 gift card get a $10 gift card. Purchase a $25 gift card get a $5 gift card. Purchase in person or by phone. Now through December 24th.
Stay up-to-date with all the happenings going on in the Lakes Region by visiting, www.lakesregion.com/events