For Immediate Release

East Madison, N.H. (September 14, 2020): Purity Spring Resort is set to begin removing its decommissioned Millbrook building this month. Millbrook began its existence as the “Blaisdell Cottage”, a saltbox style home built in the early 1800’s using timbers hewn at the original lakeside mill then owned by the Blaisdell family. Sometime after 1852, Nicholas Blaisdell, who was overseeing the operations of the thriving mill business, and his wife Martha Hood would first welcome her sister Mercy Hood and husband Edward (Sr.) Eaton Hoyt, a very successful auctioneer from New York City. The couple would ultimately purchase a nearby farmhouse initially as a “vacation” property and the Hoyt name would forever become part of Purity Lake.
Eventually becoming known as Millbrook, Milt and Fran Hoyt made the former Blaisdell residence their home in 1944 where they would raise their five children Ted, Bob, Laura, Kathy and Susie Hoyt while the lodging business that Milt’s parents, Edward Jr. and Gertrude Hoyt, had begun in 1911 grew along with Milt initiating the development of Tohkomeupog Summer Camp For Boys as well as King Pine Ski Area.
Decommissioning and removing the Millbrook building was not an easy decision for the Hoyt family. However, after careful consideration and consulting with other professionals to weigh options, it was apparent that age and use had taken its toll and the building has reached the end of its usable life.
Located along the southbound side of Route 153 at Purity Spring Resort, the Millbrook building has not accommodated guests since the end of summer 2018. Also once home to the main office and check-in desk of Purity Spring Resort, functional aspects for welcoming guests to the lodging property have since been moved across the street to The Mill building on the edge of Purity Lake.
During the building removal project, Purity Spring Resort remains open accommodating guests and groups staying throughout its many other lodging accommodations available.
About Purity Spring Resort
Purity Spring Resort in East Madison, New Hampshire has established a rich tradition of family vacation and recreation. Located between the Lakes Region and White Mountains of New Hampshire, The Hoyt family businesses include Purity Spring Resort, King Pine Ski Area, Tohkomeupog Summer Camp for Boys and Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort.
For Additional Information or High-Resolution Photos:
Thomas Prindle – Director of Marketing
603-367-8896 x242