The 2018 season has nearly come to a close for the Wright Museum of WWII in Wolfeboro with record setting attendance numbers with 18,777 visitors, 18% of whom were students.
According to Executive Director Mike Culver, this season’s attendance exceeds the museum’s previously best year in 2016 by more than 200 persons.
“In fact, this is the 3rd year in succession that the Museum has had over 18,000 visitors,” he said. “We conservatively estimate that since 1994 nearly 400,000 people have visited the Wright. To put that in perspective, that is over three times the current population of New Hampshire’s largest city of Manchester.”
The Wright Museum also had a record setting year for its Ron Goodgame and Donna Canney Education Programs series with more than 1,400 attendees. In the past 4 years, attendance at those popular Tuesday evening programs has nearly doubled.
“We are truly indebted to Ron and Donna for their support, which makes it possible each season to offer our audience over 20 diverse education programs presented by regionally and nationally-known speakers,” he said.
Noting the museum will re-open, however, just on November 11 for Veterans Day, Culver said a “a simple thanks” deemed inadequate when summing up the season’s success.
“We thank all those who have already visited us,” he said. “We would like to also invite anyone yet to visit to consider visiting us in 2019 during our 25th anniversary season.”
As the region’s leading resource for educators and learners of all ages on World War II, Wright Museum will reopen in May of 2019, although school tours can be arranged from January-April.
For more information about the Wright Museum or to schedule a school tour, visit www.wrightmuseum.org, or call 603-569-1212.