KIDS & FAMILY
Farm & Forest Walks
OUTDOOR POD PROGRAMMING
New! Farm & Forest Learning Walks
SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER: MONDAY–WEDNESDAY | 10AM–2PM
Educational, safe pod sessions on a historic farmstead!
Announcing NEW outdoor pod learning sessions for the 2020 fall semester, created and led by Program Manager/Educator Jim Cruickshank (read his bio). Organize your own pod—minimum of 4, maximum of 10 (including adults)—and join us for one or more science- and nature-focused farm and forest walks; topics change weekly. Sessions can be scheduled for the months of September and October on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Designed for pre-organized groups in an effort to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread. The museum is closed to the general public on these days, making for an additionally safe learning environment, with masks required for all attendees ages 2 and older during the lesson.
- Topics are an exploration of what is occurring in the natural world based on the season and weather—look forward to new topics each week. If your pod has a particular topic you wish to focus on (e.g. food chains), you are welcome to provide specific areas of concentration and we will work to include it in the lesson.
- Each one-hour session incorporates relevant interdisciplinary topics necessary for standards-based learning.
- Classes take place outdoors only (indoor space is not available at this time). All attendees should dress for the day’s weather and classes will not take place during weather that is unconducive to learning. In the event that your session must be canceled due to weather, we will do our best to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own journals and writing instruments so they can document their experiences and eliminate the need for shared materials.
- This is not a drop-off program. Parents and guardians are required to stay with the group and are encouraged to participate.
Picnic tables are available for lunch or snacks if you would like to enjoy the grounds following your lesson. There is currently no on-site access to restrooms or water fountains, so please plan for personal needs.
COST: $5 per person (students and adults)
Ages 6 & up. Minimum of 4 participants, maximum of 10 participants, per pod/group.
Pre-registration required by the Friday prior to your selected session date.
To register: 603-323-7591.
Registration & Cancellation Policies
Non-registration inquiries may be emailed to program manager Jim Cruickshank, or reach him by phone at 603-323-7591.
Check out our Virtual Classroom learn-at-home videos!