The Loon Preservation Committee is happy to announce the reopening of The Loon Center to visitors on July 1. We are currently working on preparations to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers. We will be implementing several changes to our daily operations as well as asking that visitors follow a few simple guidelines during their visit.
Changes to Daily Operations:
- All staff will be following CDC recommendations and guidelines with regards to increased cleaning frequency, the wearing of face masks, and monitoring their own health for COVID-19 symptoms.
- The picnic area on the screen porch will be closed to the public.
- Curbside pickup is available for online orders. Please see details below.
- Do to continuing concerns about COVID-19, our hands-on children’s activities will be unavailable for the time being. Children’s activity and coloring sheets are available upon request for your enjoyment at home after your visit.
Loon Center Visitors:
For your safety and ours, we ask that you please follow the guidelines outlined below.
- Ring the doorbell for entry.
- Face masks are required for the duration of your visit.
- Maintain a six-foot distance from others.
- Number of visitors in the building will be limited to six (6).
- No public restrooms. A portable toilet is available at the trail head.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, we ask that you visit another day based on CDC guidelines.
In order to safely and efficiently process your orders, we ask that you please keep in mind the following.
- Orders must be placed via our online store at loon.org/shop.
- Select “Local Pickup” in your cart when you place your order.
- Pickup times are Wednesday and Saturday from 1pm-5pm, or by appointment.
- To request a pickup time outside of the normal hours, please make note of your request in the “Delivery Instructions” section during checkout. A staff member will confirm your time.
- Allow 24 hours for order processing.
- When you arrive to pick up your order, please call The Loon Center at 603-476-5666 and say you are there to pick up your order. A member of the shop staff will bring it out to your car.
Everyone at The Loon Preservation Committee would like to thank you for your continued support of our work and ask for your patience as we all work to navigate through this new version of normalcy. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-476-5666.
The Loon Preservation Committee (LPC) was created in 1975 in response to concerns about a dramatically declining loon population and the effects of human activities on loons. In the more than 40 years since, LPC has worked to preserve loons and their habitats in New Hampshire through monitoring, research, management, and public education, all fostered by an extensive network of dedicated members and volunteers. LPC’s mission is to restore and maintain a healthy population of loons throughout New Hampshire; to monitor the health and productivity of loon populations as sentinels of environmental quality; and to promote a greater understanding of loons and the larger natural world. To learn more, please visit us in person at The Loon Center, 183 Lee’s Mill Rd, Moultonborough, NH, or online at www.loon.org.