Make tracks to the Lakes Region this winter
With 7,000 miles of volunteer-maintained snowmobile trails, the area’s frozen lakes and remote hillsides that are unreachable in the warmer months become accessible with a blanket of snow to anyone with a snowmobile.
If you are an avid snowmobiler, or just beginning, New Hampshire caters to snowmobiling enthusiasts of all levels of expertise.
Discover snowmobile hotspots and trails
Snowmobile Trails in the Lakes Region
Squam Lake Area
Cottage Place on Squam Lake: Stay overnight in a quaint cottage overlooking the beautiful lake; take time from riding and spend the day ice fishing; take a winter hike or relax in your cottage.
Squam Lake Science Center: Look at the Calendar of Events for the Winter Programming — Bird Banding, Track the Animal Prints and Animal Encounters.
Squam Lake Association: Learn about the protection of Squam Lake and the wildlife and check their event calendar for winter events.
The valley is a great destination for a day trip, lunch, or an overnight. Stay a night or two to take advantage of all the valley offers, including skiing, ice-skating, indoor pool and much more. Rentals available so park your snowmobile and enjoy a few days in the valley.
Castle in the Clouds: The trails are open for the first time. Ride to the historic Castle in the Clouds and enjoy lunch at the Carriage House with beautiful views of the Ossipee Mountain Range.
This is a wonderfully quaint village where you can park your sled and walk around the beautiful village. Shop at the Mill Falls Marketplace. Stretch your legs and follow the map on the Sculpture Walk.
A little village town between Concord and Laconia is home to the New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the largest sports and entertainment facility in New England and hosts the only NASCAR National Series races in the region. NHMS hosts several major events throughout the year, including a holiday favorite, the Gift of Lights and Eastern Snowcross at the Flat Track.
Ride along Corridor 15A to visit this amazing attraction. Plenty of areas to park your vehicle and trailer for a day trip or overnight.
Take a trip to The Ridge Marketplace (directly across the street from the Holiday Inn Express).
Ride to America’s oldest resort town on Lake Winnipesaukee. Take in Main Street with shopping. Visit Kingswood Golf Club to play Virtual Golf and Dine in the Tavern, and stop at Pop Whalen Ice Arena to do a little ice skating. Then ride the rails to Wakefield. Make a night out of your adventure — see the Calendar of Events for activities.
Northern Extremes Snowmobiling – Bartlett
Guided and self-guided tours along the Bartlett Snowmobile Corridor:
Discover the amazing White Mountains of New Hampshire by snowmobile with Mount Washington as a backdrop with Northern Extremes Snowmobiling. Rentals and guided tours are available.
1328 Route 302, Bartlett, NH 03812
Winter Camping by Snowmobile
Danforth Bay Camping & RV Resort in East Madison
Meredith Woods Four Season Camping
New Durham to Wolfeboro to Moultonborough
- Begin your day at Johnson’s Restaurant in New Durham, where you can park for the day or several days while you enjoy the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. If going for the day, head east to Wolfeboro, have lunch at Kingswood Country Club and warm up while playing virtual golf.
- If you want to make it an overnight, try the Windrifter Resort at Kingswood Country Club or other options: Wolfeboro Inn, Inn on Main or Crescent Lake Inn — all provide walking distance to shopping and dining in the Quaint Village of Wolfeboro.
- Continue riding on the Cotton Valley Trail, then on Day 2, head to the Castle in the Clouds, which has opened the trails on this beautiful estate for the first time for snowmobiling. Then, enjoy dining in the Carriage House at the Castle.
Laconia to New Durham to Rochester (Two-Day Trip)
- Begin your Day at HK Powersports in Laconia.
- Lunch at Johnson’s Restaurant.
- Head south to Rochester to stop, stay, shop and dine at the Holiday Inn Express.
- Spend the night at this newly renovated hotel.
- Shop at the Ride Marketplace.
- Dine at 110 Grill.
- All walking across the street.
- Head to Wolfeboro.
- Have lunch at Castle in the Clouds.
- Back to HK Powersports.
Plymouth to Squam Lake to Meredith to Center Sandwich (Two-Day Trip)
- Begin your trip at the Common Man Inn, Plymouth.
- Spend the night relaxing in the pool and hot tub.
- Book your appointment at the spa and enjoy dinner at Foster’s.
- Wake up the next morning to ride Corridor 8 to Squam Lake then into Meredith.
- Warm up exploring in the Mill Falls Marketplace before continuing onto Center Sandwich and the Corner House Inn Back to Common Man Inn.
Stay an extra day or night:
- Cottage Place — Head East to Squam Lake.
- Inn on Newfound for dinner — Bristol Corridor 8 to Corridor 24.
- Colonel Shepherd Inn in Campton — North on Corridor 11.
- Corner House Inn for lunch or dinner — Continue on from Campton to Sandwich.
- Head north to the Woodstock Inn & Brewery for a tour and lunch.
- Ice fishing, winter hiking and relaxing in a cottage with a fireplace.